[IP] flossing

>wombn writes
My dentist tells me today that all D. pts should floss
> at least twice as often as nonD pts.  I laughed out
> loud.  Told her that extra flossing ranks very low on
> my priority list of things to do for the day D.
> related and otherwise. snipped needle phobia removed
your dentist is correct diabetes is often accompnied by severe periodontal
disease and complicated by xerosomia (zerostomia, dry mouth)this results in
increased incidence of caries and loss of teeth. also infections from your
teeth are serious and can cause poor control, root canal problems and
cardiac problems as these bacteria often invade the heart and blood vessels
causing arteriosclerosis.a possible reason for vacular disease in diabetes.
so wombn do your body a favor, listen to your dentist, i have made flossng
and brushing a high priority item. Spot