Re: [IP] Total daily insulin dose

My 10yo has a 70/30 split between basal and bolus. This seems to
work best for her. In the beginning we were on a 50/50 split but
it gradually ended up at 70/30. Our dr prefers 60/40 (used to
prefer 50/50) but he realizes that there are going to be
individual variances so he is fine with the 70/30, as long as it
continues to work. My daughter does go through periods of
temporary insulin resistance and her TDD will go to closer to
60/40, but then when things settle, it goes right back to 70/30.
I can't explain it (maybe Barbara can) but this is how it is! :)

Sheila said:
Shouldn't a person's total daily amount of insulin be split about
50/50 between basal and bolus?

little guy due 3/10/01