Re: [IP] Re: battery storage question

This is not correct.  Cold will temporarily lower the charge, but
when the batteries are warmed the charge will return. Cold will not
"kill" modern batteries.  Though car batteries work on a totally
different chemistry, even cold doesn't kill them--they're just fine
when the temperature warms up.  The fact is,that the  batteries we
use in the pump will last slightly longer if stored in the cold (this
comes from the battery manufacturer, Eveready, not a  pump
manufacturer).  The danger about storing in the fridge is that
moisture is very bad for batteries.  That's as in, Very bad.   This
is why storing in the freezer is not recommended (condensation
problems), but storing in the fridge in a sealed container is quite
ok.  As the longer storage life, however, is only marginal,  room
temp storage is usually just easier and safer.

<From: Darrin Parker <email @ redacted>
<Cold temperatures reduce battery charge and can kill the battery.  Never
<keep batteries in the fridge.  this will at least reduce their life if not
<kill them.  This is for the same reason that our car batteries lose their
<charge in the winter!