From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of morrisarmy
Sent: 24. januar 2001 00:02
To: insulin-pumpers-digest
Subject: [IP] Total daily insulin dose

Arne Jenssen  wrote:

Arne Jenssen <email @ redacted>
20 years old pump user. Had diabetes 1 in 9 years now. Currently using the
H-Tron pump with humalog. My basal dose is currently at 38 units, while my
total day dose is somewhere around 80 units. <<<<<

Shouldn't a person's total daily amount of insulin be split about 50/50
between basal and bolus?

Arne, are your basals set correctly? Or are you covering some of your basal
with boluses?

Sheila