Re: [IP] Help! My boss is an old-school nurse and she wont' stop lecturing!

I love all the advice you're getting!  Especially the one about "What
does *your* pancreas do?"  heh.

One other option is to just be terribly agreeable.  "uh huh.  oh yes.
absolutely", while you continue on eating according to your own

We used to do that to my grandma when she'd get on a roll.  No
amount of interruption would stop her.  All we could do was wait
until she finally ran out of breath (and boy did she have stamina!).
It didn't change anything about her behavior.  But it did reduce our
feelings of stress and made it possible for us to view the situation
with more humor.

Sometimes, if we changed the subject, she'd follow on that (and
immediately get on a roll on that subject :-D).  So we'd do that
when we'd get terribly bored with the first subject.

She was a sweetheart and we loved her dearly, but sometimes she
was a royal pain.