[IP] Anxiety attacks

Hello everyone.
I am new to this list and am enjoying it greatly.  (I feel more informed with
the short time that I have been a member of this group than I have been thru
all of this--no books have informed me like all of you.)  Thank you!
Now...I need some help--or more information.  Lately I have been having
problems with what I am guessing is anxiety attacks--I develop shortness of
breath and my heart races....which seems to make me very queasy.  I have not
started taking any new medications and am not pregnant--no idea what is
causing them except maybe excessive stress.  I am wondering if any of you have
ever had this problem before and if so...what is safe to take that will not
cause my blood sugar to rise?
Thanks for any/all inf..