[IP] Re: More Flossing For Diabetics....Pleeeease!

You are absolutely right.  With the advancements that they have made in
false teeth, there is no reason to try to keep the real ones. As your
dentist knows, dm'ers are far, FAR (I forgot to mention this
complication in some of my prior posts), more likely to get periodontal
disease.  I made a mistake the first time that I had to have periodontal
work done.  It is expensive (my part after insurance was $2,000 for the
last one) and it is very 'uncomfortable' when they are cutting up your
gums and doing the surgery.  If you don't start flossing after the first
one, you will need to do it again anyway (I did).  If I had it to do
over again I would have just had the teeth pulled and gotten the false
ones right away (as it looks like you are planning to do).

I am flossing regular now as I now need to protect the investment that
I've foolishly wasted on keeping these teeth.  Don't let them talk you
into spending the extra 2-3 minutes a day to save your teeth if you
don't need them anyway (g).

> My dentist tells me today that all D. pts should floss
at least twice as often as nonD pts.  I laughed out
loud.  Told her that extra flossing ranks very low on
my priority list of things to do for the day D.
related and otherwise. She said perhaps I could
re-priortize some things. I barely have time to even
change a site when the siren starts blaring on my pump
some mornings.  Maybe I was just in an overwhelmed
sort of mood, but it was both amusing and infuriating.
It's been so long since I've had any really good
flossing advice, LOL!!!  Just had to share this unique
experience. Give us a break...pleeeease! <

> Jill-(going off to extra-floss now;o) NOT!!
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
dx 10/66, D H-Tron 7/93, Hb A1c 5.9
" To be, is to do." - Kennelly.