Re: [IP] Need some advice

Glenn,

  My son has Dawn Phenominom really bad and I have recently been able to
adjust his basals to get rid of it.  In Chapeter 8 of Pumping Insulin it
explains all of this but briefly it states that to get rid of this D.P. you
need to up your basals starting around 3AM through around 9 AM.  You need to
keep in mind that it takes anywhere from 90 - 180 minutes for a basal change
to start showing up in your BGs.  I have Josh's basal upped at 4AM and back
down at 7AM because he has consistantly been going too low at lunch time at
school (he's 9)  I did not know about the delay in basal/rate changes so now
I understand this better.  If you don't have it yet this book, Pumping
Insulin, is THE 'bible" for pumpers and should be read by all!

Sylvia
mom to Joshua