Re: [IP] Help! My boss is an old-school nurse and she wont' stop lecturing!

I am so sorry you have to deal with this arse.  My concern is that the game
here is to just hassle you; that it may not be about diabetes so much as an
excuse to use her power to push you around.  My concern is that, once you
convince her that the pump is truly different, then she will be on to a new
diabetic issue to argue about.  I bet your boss is betting on diabetes being
a sensitive issue for you (of course it is), and she hassles you on these
points because you are vulnerable (as we all are).  My (former) friend sort
of played the same game with me.  She insisted that diabetes was not that
bad; after all, look at Mary Tyler Moore.  After some time, I realized that
she was never going to be supportive, so I moved on.  I don't miss her.  The
problem you have, is that this troublemaker is your boss, so you can't easily
move on as I did.  I hope you get some good responses from the group.