Re: [IP] MiniMed changes gym time (without my knowledge)

I would certainly call MM and investigate who gave them the authority to make
medical decisions for Cory.  Doesn't their introductory recording say
something to the effect that if 'you have a medical question, please call you
health care professionals.'  I would then call you MM rep's supervisor
(everyone reports to someone!) and report this incident and follow up with a
certified letter to the supervisor.  They made a medical decision without
consulting anyone that has the authority to do so for Cory!

Seems to me that the school just blew their case for not wanting to take
responsibility...they took responsibility and made a decision to call MM
(although it was wrong,) so now you have a firm argument for their doing
EVERYTHING that you demand of them.  Politely tell them that if the want
further action, you can call the superintendent of the schools and explain
how they did not contact the 'parent or guardian' of the child to make a
medical decision...I'm sure the superintendent will agree to your every

Good luck and keeps us apprised of how everything goes as well as the school
and MM responses!  This should be very interesting.

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.