[IP] Re: youngest pumper

> From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Youngesst pumper
> > but June, '00 there was
> > a baby born I think in/around Atlanta who was put on a pump at 12
> > hrs. of age. His temp dropped and BG shot up to 1000. It was called
> > neo-natal DM and very rare - the article said 50% of the babies
> > recover.
> haven't heard about this one. Do you have more information???
> email @ redacted

I'm taking this directly from my BASH booklet which I thought I got from IP
but could be majorly incorrect: A baby born on 7/22/00 at Arkansas Children's
Hospital is believed to be the youngest wearer ever of an insulin pump.
Maverick Colt Roe was born healthy, but a bit smaller than expected. Twelve
hours later his temperature dropped, he began to breathe rapidly and his blood
glucose level skyrocketed to more than 1,000 milligrams per deciliter. When
his BG continued to soar, they diagnosed neonatal DM, which is temproary about
half the time and is rare.

Since I was limited for space in my 40-page booklet, I didn't copy the part
about him nursing, therefore not being able to count the carbs.  Does this
much help anyone give us an update?

http://maxpages.com/bludasue now with a BASH pic site URL in the 6th
paragraph or see: http://www.PictureTrail.com/dmbashpics