[IP] maintaining muscle mass with occasional high blood sugars

I am in search of some professional feedback.  I understand that during the
process of having positive and super high ketones. . . our body will burn
fat part way (which is not healty)thus resulting in temporary weight loss.
>From a body building stand point. . .what do high blood sugars do to lean
muscle mass?  Do temporary highs cause a canabalistic effect on lean muscle
or do extended periods of highs cause this result?  What would a temporary
high be considered?  Basically how long before damage occurs.  During an
effective mass building period "enough" insulin must be present to allow for
optimun growth.  It is  very hard to remain a  happy medium successfully.
Is it better to be a little on the high side or a little low for effective
growth periodization?  -fit & frustrated