[IP] MiniMed changes gym time (without my knowledge)

Today Cory was scheduled to begin gym class at 10:20am.  His diabetes
educator and I had worked out all the management details.  At about 10:15am
Cory called me and said he was not going to gym until after lunch.  His
schedule was changed.  My husband immediately went to the school to find out
what was going on.  The principal stated that he, the school nurse and
district director of nursing had a conference and decided that gym needed to
be rescheduled.  They called MiniMed (his pump trainer) and got it approved!
HOW?  What authority does MiniMed have to do that?  I called Cory's CDE.  She
was in clinic but another one of the CDE's called me.  She was shocked and
will have our pump CDE call us later on.  Last year the school wanted Cory to
play board games during recess so he wouldn't go too low.  This year all his
class went to PE during 1st semester but his was moved to 2nd semester - NOW
THIS!  And while my husband was there -- he was informed that the 504 meeting
we have been waiting since last spring for was rescheduled from tomorrow
(Tuesday) to Thursday! I wonder when they plan to notify me of this change?
Also they said they could not follow ADA recommendations because they do not
have a full time nurse and no one is willing to be trained.  I do declare!  I
think we need a good attorney.  Any recommendations?  -- Columbus, Ohio!
One very upset parent,
Susan - gma to Cory - age 11 - dx'd 12/28/98 - pumping 1/16/01