Re: [IP] Child diabetes may be misdiagnosed: Many doctors unaware that type 2 disease afflicts kids

>NEW YORK, Jan. 18  A form of diabetes that has historically struck adults is
>now also afflicting thousands of children and adolescents. Yet many doctors
>unaware of the trend  mistakenly diagnose the youngsters with another type
>the disease, potentially subjecting them to inappropriate care, doctors here

I wonder if this can't be direectly correlated to the trends that NA
children today are more overweight then ever before, less active, have
sugnificantly higher diets of simple carbs and have more blood tests than
in prior generations?

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  48% improvement in average bg's and 80% fewer hypos)!