Re: [IP] Battery Storage question

>I get from a week to 45 days per battery change on the 508 -
>I don't
>use the vibration mode, only occasionally use the back
>and always manually prime with a new set.  I keep the extra
>batteries in the fridge.
>I think that some of the batteries I've gotten from MM may
>have been defective.
>However, I've stopped keeping the extra set of batteries in
>the extra cartridge.  I thought there was something in the
>manual that said the battery life would be better if the
>batteries don't touch each other prior to using them.  Does
>this make a difference?

Battery Rules of thumb:

- Do not expose any battery to cold temperatures.  ie in winter I carry my
extra batteries in my inside jacket pocket.  Cold will reduce battery

- batteries touching each other prior to use will not hurt them *if* al
batteries are good.  If good batteries are in contact with bad ones; the
bad ones may drian the charge form teh good ones.

- batteries should be tested with a battery meter (I use Radio Shack's for
free) whne purchased to make sure they are all good and have about the same
charge.  They should then be stored at room temperature until use.

Hope this helps.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  48% improvement in average bg's and 80% fewer hypos)!