[IP] Battery Storage question

I get from a week to 45 days per battery change on the 508 -
I don't
use the vibration mode, only occasionally use the back
and always manually prime with a new set.  I keep the extra
batteries in the fridge.

I think that some of the batteries I've gotten from MM may
have been defective.

However, I've stopped keeping the extra set of batteries in
the extra cartridge.  I thought there was something in the
manual that said the battery life would be better if the
batteries don't touch each other prior to using them.  Does
this make a difference?

Tom Pump Daddy Wellman