Subject: [IP] Changing insulin when making site changes

I don't know why your CDE told you to change the cartridge every week - but
Jenna has been pumping for 2.5 years, and we fill up the Disetronic cartridge,
it lasts her 9 days (we change sites every 3 days, so that means we change
cartridges every third site change).  No problems that we know of.  It's a
closed system, so if you use good technique on drawing up the insulin,
contamination shouldn't be a problem.  And, Humalog can be out of the fridge
for a month.  So, I think the recommendation is just over cautious.

Nancy Morgan, mom of Jenna, age 11, dx'ed 2/98, pumping since 9/98