[IP] Re: Cured

>>My body might be cured but I have doubts if, by any definition, my
>>would be cured.

> No one has seemed to touch on the point I made when I first posted
> being "cured". What about complications?

They are working on 'cures' for all of the complicatioons.  They are all
separate issues.  I have glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, gastro,
neurapathy, mild esophagus dysphagia, carpal tunnel (had), etc.
Although I do not, many dm'ers have heart problems, liver, etc.  Not
only dm'ers have many of these afflictions.  They are being studied
independently and their cure has only a limited relationship with

I will sing and dance whenever any of these problems are cured, and they
will be.    When diabetes is cured, I know that either the others
progress will be slowed, stopped or reversed, which will make me the
happiest of all.

Isn't saying 'if they cure diabetes, I'll still have the complications'
a little depressing?  I was happy when they came out with glucose
testers and the pump.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
dx 10/66, D H-Tron 7/93, Hb A1c 5.9
We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap
as they go by.
 - Will Rogers