[IP] Believe what you're told when....

> ...They gave me
> the guilt trip thing. I kept saying I was full. They said to
> finish my plate. I said *ooookay*. Tried to eat more but couldn't
> swallow another bite (it wouldn't go down) and promptly puked
> right into my plate. (Couldn't help it. I *said* I was full!) I
> got in sooo much trouble over that (I didn't do it on purpose.)

Are you ready for another one of my *flashbacks*? This was just in 11/99 after
an eye surgery. A nurse was bawling me out in my outpatient room for throwing
up and sleeping so much after surgery. She said it wasn't good for my eye -
and I was there longer than any other patient; they HAD to get me out of
there. Friends took me to there house overnight. It was about 20 miles one way
which was an awful ride with traffice and signals, etc. We had gone on the
Toll Rd (I-80/90) straight shot with no stops. I had my pan with me and used
it. I threw up 10 times and the dr. had said I may need a suppository. My
friend couldn't understand why I'd have to have an Rx since they sell
suppositories OTC. I said they were for diff. purposes. I had to beg her to
finally go to a pharmacy to get it filled. The next day I pleaded for them to
take me back for my follow-up app't on the T.R. and I'd pay the 55c.
NooooOOOooo. Cars always pass my friends and they can't handle that. We went,
stop, jerk, go, stop, jerk, go....  We got to the dr's office and I asked them
to get a wheelchair because I couldn't make it down the long hall. "Oh, sure
you can...."  I stumbled against the wall and threw up in the dr's office.
They DID wheel me back out.

It turned out 5 of the 8 meds in the anesthesia I had could have made me sick.
But as the poster above said, BELIEVE it when someone says they've had toooooo
much - you could be sorry. It's like when I was told as a kid to get dressed,
I'd feel better. It never once lowered my BG. And, believe me, I don't know
what I would have done without my friends boarding me overnight and taking
to/from the hospital and dr's office, but it could have been sooooo much more
pleasant. (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue now with a BASH pic site URL in the 6th