[IP] Sensitivity Factor

Every single calculus you do you need to be awere of your total.
You can calculate your first bolus in the morning knowing that your
"normal" total is, let's say, 35 units a day. But if your breakfast is
already different than normal, let's say 70 carbos instead of 45 (in
the breakfast) you ought to put your sensitivity DOWN - let's say
from 1:51 (1800/35=51), through the 1800-rule, going down to 1:40

Now you need to use this number (40) in your equation throughout
THIS day. If your insulin needs are less withis this day or other day,
you must change again.

My 2 cents.

Subject: [IP] Sensitivity Factor

Hello everyone...I need some help!

I am really trying to count everything and cover everything exactly...so I
recalculated my sensitivity factor...but I am not sure how to total my
insulin for the equation.

Do we use the total basal insulin or total (basal plus boluses,) each day?
If we do it with the total each day, wouldn't that be changing the SF every
day...perhaps one day at 42, the next at 52?

Any help is appreciated!

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.