Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #807 (Cured)

Dear Jim,

     I just wanted to say thank you for this posting! Every time I've heard
about prevention trials or cures, I selfishly really didn't care. I already
*have* diabetes, so preventing diabetes is definitely out of the question
for me. I've also thought about cures with your way of thinking. What are we
going to do about the damage already set in. Will a new pancreas or cells
reverse the damage already here? That would be especially nice! I've been
diabetic for almost 29 years and do not consider myself to have too many
complications. I *do* have to watch myself regarding my heart...no heart
attack yet, but a few operations to open clogged arteries. I've also had
laser surgery on both eyes, but the retinopathy is in check right now. I
also have some painful neuropathy in my feet, but mostly only at night. But
I still consider myself lucky. *And* I'm on the insulin pump which I
love!!!! But it is not a cure either.

Again, thank you for your post Jim. I'm happy with my diabetes care right
now, but of course, my ultimate dream would be some sort of transplant which
would delete my diabetes and reverse all damages that this disease has
caused already to my body.

--Sharon