Re: [IP] Economically "disabled"

>I certainly don't minimize the difficulties of living with diabetes,
>especially after the complications have set in, but I also don't agree
>with the "poor little me" mentality that thinks "I" have it worse than
>anyone else. I will take as little from society as I possibly can, and
>don't grumble about taxes (although I wish I had more say in how they
>were used), because I'm certain that I have it BETTER than many people,
>and I'm grateful for it.

I agree with all you said 100%.  I think we are in agreement everywhere
excpet for the tax issue.  I have generated $500,000 + in direct and
indirect taxes in the past two years and for 12 years prior worked 80 hours
a week (by law) for less than min. wage but.. ..well ita a very long legal
story but in short.  The Canadian system has really stuck me and I think
anyone like me who pays and repays honourably all due in  public utility
operation deserves preferred treatment over the fisherman who makes
$100,000 per year net adn still is elligible for UIC!  Geeze our system
rewards lazy, bloodsucking peiople!zXM<NBCrbc,tnfsz;mklvd,

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  48% improvement in average bg's and 80% fewer hypos)!