[IP] Re: a "cure"

I was just reading in one of my diabetes books within the past
few weeks that there was a case where a man needed a kidney
transplant. Kidneys were in very short supply and the only donor
available was a diabetic who had just died in a car accident, and
the kidneys were diseased (they didn't say to what extent.) They
used one of the kidneys anyway because that's all they had. The
kidney disease actually reversed over time. So who knows!

Jim said:
My question to that is "Don't the complications stay?". After 39
years as IDDM I have my share of complications from head to toe.
Will they stay, will they lessen to some extent or will they go
away? In my opinion diabetes is not cured unless the peripheral
problems are cured also.

little guy due 3/10/01