[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #807 (Cured)

>My body might be cured but I have doubts if, by any definition, my mind
>would be cured.

No one has seemed to touch on the point I made when I first posted about
being "cured". What about complications? Right now I can't feel my toes
unless I use my fingers, I spend my share of time throwing up due to
gastroparesis (propulsid worked for me with none of the side effects and
nothing else has come close to it as far as being effective), weakness in
hands and fingers..........

Can you say you are cured if complications are left behind? I agree I will
have a surrogate pancreas located in my liver and producing insulin, but is
that a cure. After 39 years I have my share of complications and can be
said to be better off than a lot of others. Will the person blinded because
of diabetes or on dialysis because of renal failure be cured? For me the
best population to be able to say they would be cured is the young, newly
diagnosed diabetic who has had little time for complications to get a
foothold. Stepping down from the soap box.