Re: [IP] Disney D kid pass! I worked there yes there is one!

I thought that we were trying to not be 'different.''  I would certainly not
feel ethically right in accepting a pass to not have to wait in line.  We are
not disabled...while I do acknowledge that a person with extensive
complications may not be able to stand in line (esp. neuropathy, CHF.)  But
children are capable of standing in line, unless of course the child is there
with Make-a-Wish, etc., or is physically handicapped.

My mom never let me get away with stuff when I tried to use my diabetes as an
excuse.  We went to plenty of amusement parks when I was a kid and I checked
my sugar while in line plenty of times, as well as took my insulin there,
too.  This was well before I had ever heard about the pump.  What makes
today's children so special?

Seems to me that we are teaching children that they are not like other kids
and they are more special.  All kids are special...let's treat them all

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 Years, Pumping since 1/04/1995