[IP] polarity & o-ring on DTRON BATTERIES?????

WHOA!  Polarity and o-ring?  Somebody may need to fill me in.

Tom Thompkins had written in an email entitled "htron batteries and the
"Just be sure of the polarity and throw the case away if the o-ring becomes
damaged or worn."

My batteries go in one way, no polarity, and no o-ring.  Am I missing
something?  Son has the Tron Disetronic.  If we are missing this it sounds
REALLY important!  LOL  Tom?

Not teasing here, but really puzzled!
Charisma ??