[IP] polarity & o-ring on DTRON BATTERIES?????

WHOA!  Polarity and o-ring?  Somebody may need to fill me in.

Tom Thompkins had written in an email entitled "htron batteries and the
dtron":
"Just be sure of the polarity and throw the case away if the o-ring becomes
damaged or worn."

My batteries go in one way, no polarity, and no o-ring.  Am I missing
something?  Son has the Tron Disetronic.  If we are missing this it sounds
REALLY important!  LOL  Tom?

Not teasing here, but really puzzled!
Charisma ??