Re: [IP] Re: Insulin stinging revisited

> Anyway, the last time we did
>it, we split the bolus is half and he reported no stinging!!! I don't know if
>it's psychological or not, but I don't care. As long as my son is more
>comfortable, I'm happy!!! Thanks again.

Based on my experience on pump and MDI and most others' I've spoken with:

Smaller amounts bolused or injected sting less than larger amounts.  If
it's any comfort to you; splitting the bolus and reducing the stinging *is
not pshcological! You are indeed makeing your son more comfortable!  Way to
go! :)

BTW:  Post-injection pain from injecting moderate to large amounts of
insulin is another reason i'm happier with the pump.  The amount of bolus
sting is nothing compared to the post-injection pain I used to have on MDI.
So, all in all, your son is lucky to be on the pump and to have you split

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  47% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!