Re: [IP] Regular Insulin and Pump

My sister and I have both been pumping for 4 years and we both have used
Regular insulin since we started pumping.

My doctor has talked about switching me to Lispro to help with control but I
am extremely insulin sensitive and I wonder if this would be a good change
for me.  At one time my doctor suggested using a 50/50 mixture of Regular and
Lispro in the pump so I wouldn't bottom out too quickly with just Lispro.  I
need to ask others on this list if they have used this type of mixture and
how successful they were.

Because I am never sure how quickly I will get full, I bolus after I eat to
ensure I don't overbolus.  Your HbA1c will can come down using R, sometimes
it just takes time to see a decline in the numbers.