Re: [IP] Re: prescriptions

Janice,

You CAN buy R and NPH over the counter, but you will pay full price.  If
you have insurance, then with a prescription, you pay your co-pay, or
whatever your insurance plan states.  This is good to know if you are ever
in an emergency situation where you have to obtain insulin, and you are
away from home.  You do pay through the nose, though!

Diane :-)

At 06:06 PM 1/19/2001 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 1/19/01 8:09:47 PM !!!First Boot!!!,
>email @ redacted writes:
>

>> The only insulin in the US that currently requires a prescription is
>> Humalog. All the others + syringes for insulin injection may be
>> purchased over the counter. This is federal law.
>>
>Really? We needed prescriptions for R and NPH in Pennsylvania since Paul's
DX