Re: [IP] Re: prescriptions

In a message dated 1/19/01 6:07:55 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Really? We needed prescriptions for R and NPH in Pennsylvania since Paul's
 in 1995. That never changed, as far as I know. Does this mean I could have
 demanded to buy it over the counter and they would have had to let me? >>

They have to sell it to you without a prescription. However, if you want to
be reimbursed by your insurance company, you have to have a prescription for
it. So, the prescription is only if the insurance company is to pay for it.
Otherwise, it's out-of-pocket.

Jan and Elvis