Re: [IP] Roxanne's Obsessive-compulsiveness?

Spot...I am not obsessive-compulsive.  I am just starting to understand a lot
of this stuff with the help of the list and the rep who showed me these MM
508 pumps.  I had no one to contact regarding my questions in the past.  I am
not depressed either...just learning now that I have a forum to ask my
multiple questions.  I do not get upset if my sugar is high...just try to
figure out why it is high and learn from that.  I just finally perfected the
art of eating a baked potato, squaring my bolus, and having a sugar level of
105 after 3 hours!  To me, that was heaven!  I would normally run high for
6-8 hours afterward.  It took my almost 2 months to perfect the potato
issue!!!  Now I have to attack pasta and figure that out!

I am an RD/LD working at 2 long tern care facilities here in Ohio.  Everyday
I see residents...about 75% of whom have diabetes...both Types I and II.  I
see what their 'quality' of life is.  I don't want that to be me.  I also
will be starting a family within the next few years and am trying to prepare
for that by getting my sugars in line now.  I've made it 18.5 years without
and complications at all and truly desire to keep it that way, even though I
know that all the hard work I do will not guarantee that I do not develop tha
complications.  Being in LTC, I have already decided, at the age of 29, what
I will do and what I will not do if complications do develop.  Quality of my
life is more important than living forever, and with the pump and now being
able to ask fellow pumpers quastions, perhaps I will have quality of life.

Compulsively Yours,

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.

In a message dated 1/19/2001 11:38:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted