[IP] Re: Special D-Kid Pass to Disney?

It isn't for diabetics per se, it is a special medical pass for
people with disabilities and other problems who might have
problems from waiting in line for long periods of time (ie: a
diabetic might go hypo.) The pass allows them to move to the
front of the line.

This is just what I've heard on the CWD list from people who've
actually used one. We haven't been there.
It seems like a double edged sword. On one hand it sounds like it
could be helpful if you were concerned about going low or high
while standing in line (but then, if we went we would carry
snacks and glucose tabs, etc, and would keep the insulin in one
of those special 16hr medicool carriers if on MDI, so the pass
wouldn't really be necessary.) But on the other hand, there are
some people who might use it for the wrong reason altogether
(just to move up the line faster, meanwhile using the diabetes as
an excuse.) If you think you might need it, ask! They should be
able to give you all the details.

Shelly said:
> Hi there:  I have heard that there is a special pass for kids
> that have
> diabetes so they are not forced to stand in line at
> Disneyland/World due to
> the threat of hypos (no food or drinks in line.)

little guy due 3/10/01