[IP] Re: Office A1C's vs. Labs Question

Thank you for explaining that, Jim! I have always wondered about
this too and had nothing but observation to go by.

Jim said:
(some snipped)
The test done in the doctor's office may be useful for screening
or obtaining a trend, but should not normally be used for
diagnosis or prognosis.

As a personal comment, there's probably nothing wrong with using
the waived test on most periodic visits, but I would request at
least one per year be sent out to be done by a lab using the
standard test.

little guy due 3/10/01