Re: [IP] Rapid acting insulin and pump

> Michael,
> Where my mom lives she is required to give an RX for syringes and
> this isn't for insurance. This is in Illinois. Ginny

Many pharmacists are not aware of the federal law. It's really there
and has been in place for many years. If she bitches loud enough,
they will check it out. All you have to do is identify yourself as
diabetic and you can purchase insulin (except Humalog) and syringes
to adminster it without prescreption. I don't remember when this law
was enacted, but it was a very long time ago.