[IP] Re: BASAL/BOLUS question? Help.

Since his fasting is in range at 10am it would appear to be a
bolus problem since you said he tends to run 300+ at times when
he is not fasting. So to me, that would indicate an adjustment in
carb ratio is in order.

Since he dropped more than 30pts between 10am and 11am, that
basal (from 2-3hrs before 11am) appears to be too high. We were
told to change the basal if there was more than a 30pt drop,
starting 2-3hrs before the drop. If the drop turns out to be too
much you could alternate basals of .1 and .2 (many people find
that helpful.)

Disclaimer: this is just my opinion as a parent of a pumper and
not medical advice.

Shelly said:
Problem:  High at 10am

Did a fasting basal today to see and my son was

86 @ 7:30am
144 @ 9:00am
144 @ 10:00am
54 @ 11:00am (?)

He is on .2 from 8am on.     .1 at 7am.
When I have checked his bg at 9:30-10am everyday he is high,
around 360. SO
what do I take from these fasting results?

little guy due 3/10/01