[IP] Re: Sensitivity factor

Definitely! My daughter's ratios change every once in a while
(like you said, the TDD is different every day) BUT every time I
try the new ratio it is always too much so we end up going back
to the original ratios (ISF 72, C/I 20, BG/CARB 3.6).
This has been happening a lot in the last 6wks and I suspect (at
least lately) that this is because she's been having a lot of
growth which is making her run high in the wee hours and I end up
correcting her all night or raising the basals for about a week,
every 2wks. But the whole time, the original ratios are what
works best (like I said, if I use the ratios the TDD would
indicate, it is too much.) I can't explain why that is (except
that maybe it is a falsely high TDD because it is only a
temporary increase?), that's just what I've noticed. Anyone else
ever notice anything like this?

Spot said:
You add basel + bolus and yes it will be different almost
everyday of your life. My endo warned me when I started pumping
that no 2 days would be the same and that basel rates and ISF are
not set in stone they have to be figured out every so often. Also
she was thrilled that I had several basel rates for different
activities. when your weight changes your isf will probably

little guy due 3/10/01