Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:38:27 EST
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: Humalog/Velosulin mix

A. Bender AKA Spot writes

<< All insulin is buffered to make it soluble and keep
it from forming
fibers.
 Humalog is patented Velosulin is also patented
novorapid is humulog
made
 under lisence by Novo Nordisk A/S from Lilley Novo
Nordisk A/S makes
all of
 their insulins from transfected yeast Lilley uses E
coli humulog looks
 lot like Insulin like growth factor to the body.I
have no ideawhy this
 happens, i'd be surprised if it is the buffering.
Insulin these days
is so
 pure and clean itis hard to understand where the
reaction arises from/
Spot

Spot - whether or not we can understand the why's,
without the mix, I'd
be
off the pump.  I spent 3 months of fighting to stay on
with very
painful site
reactions that have markedly decreased with the mix.
I don't
understand why
either.  I just know, for me, it helps and works.
Jill T Peaks Island
Maine
-
send a DONATION