Re: [IP] BASAL/BOLUS question? Help.

>Problem:  High at 10am
>Did a fasting basal today to see and my son was
>86 @ 7:30am
>144 @ 9:00am
>144 @ 10:00am
>54 @ 11:00am (?)
>He is on .2 from 8am on.     .1 at 7am.
>When I have checked his bg at 9:30-10am everyday he is high, around 360. SO
>what do I take from these fasting results?

IMHO:  144 isn't high.  To refine, remember that any increased basal will
not change bg's for at least 15 minutes and only about 40% of the increased
basal is used in the first hour. the other 40% in the second hour and the
remainder (about 20%) in the third hour.  Thus, to change the
9:00am-10:00am tests; I'd increase the basal to .2 starting at 7:00am
instead of 8:00am and watch for lows between 8 and 9 and 10 and noon.

Always:  YMMV!!!!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  47% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!