No Subject

Yes, Jim, I used to be that way too.  There are some good schools and some
malicious ones that only want to control as much as they can.  Our school
let me educate them for nearly a year (8 mo) and suddenly got educated when
we waved the law suit flag.

A friend of mine is a HS Principal and has indicated that a great technique
to use on these demanding parents is to just nod your head yes and do
nothing.  They will either escalate or go way. Their mode of operation is
to stall stall stall.

Schools are paid by us to be professional and to know the law concerning
these kids.  WE should not have to educate the educators.  They are the
responsible party.  Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

I believe that they should have one chance at doing their job.  After that
they or wasting my time and from now on both barrels will fire.  Speaking
figuratively , of course.

If a policeman violates your civil rights, are we to try to educate them?
No, we prosecute them.  In fact by not demanding our rights NOW and letting
the issue drone on for months we are doing a dis-service to both the
educators and the other people that are being effected by their illegal
behavior.

So, DON'T TAKE ANY CRAP FROM YOUR SCHOOL.  IF THEY VIOLATE YOUR RIGHTS BRING IT TO THEIR ATTENTION.

>>>Curtis, while you have offered several good suggestions, particularly about
the 504 plan*, it is probably not useful to assume malicious intent on the
part of the school.  More likely, their behavior is borne out of being
uninformed and the resulting fear, both for the safety of the children and
for possible legal pitfalls.  A better approach, IMO, is to seek to educate.
A good rule of thumb is to never attribute to malice that which can be
accounted for by ignorance (or stupidity).