[IP] Regular Insulin and Pump

Hi, I am looking for others who use R in their pump and wondered if you
have any tips for me.  I cannot use H, due to allergy.  The endo
suggested I not try it again, due to huge red blotches which came from
it when on MDI.  Because I use R, the medical professionals act all
confused--like they don't know what to do with it, yet didn't all
pumpers originally use R?
My first post pump A1C was just exactly the same as on MDI--not really
good at all.  Makes me discouraged about the pump and what it can do.
Anyone with similar experiences, or ideas, would be appreciated.