Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:22:28 EST
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Sensitivity Factor
Hello everyone...I need some help!
I am really trying to count everything and cover everything exactly...so I
recalculated my sensitivity factor...but I am not sure how to total my
insulin for the equation.
Do we use the total basal insulin or total (basal plus boluses,) each day?
If we do it with the total each day, wouldn't that be changing the SF every
day...perhaps one day at 42, the next at 52?
Any help is appreciated!
Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
You add basel + bolus and yes it will be different almost everyday of your
life. My endo warned me when I started pumping that no 2 days would be the
same and that basel rates and ISF are not set in stone they have to be
figured out every so often. Also she was thrilled that I had several basel
rates for different activities. when your weight changes your isf will
probably change. Roxanne, you seem to be obsessive-compulsive enough to be
a great pumper but you must be careful not to get depressed if it doesn't
conform in every way to your expectations. spot who figures out these
things every few weeks when bgs are not as expected.  Yes we are naturally
sweet but to much sugar can rot the best fruit.

A Bender, M. D.