Re: [IP] Rapid acting insulin and pump

In a message dated 1/19/01 10:27:57 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My son has been buying pre-filled Humulog cartridges by prescrpition for an
 insulin pen.  We purchased them last March from RX America, a mail-order
 pharmacy that our insurance company used.  They are the same cartridges
 that can be used in some pumps.  Wouldn't they have to have FDA approval to
 be sold by RX? >>

Pre-filled cartridge for pens are approved. If they "just happen" to fit into
an insulin pump, well, gee golly ...

Jan and Elvis