Re: [IP] 50 yrs DM Lilly recognition

In a message dated 1/18/01 3:34:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< With it came a product bag, log book, pencil, card, & sticky notes. A
 telling about the 75 years Lilly has been around has some interesting facts:
 Leonard Thompson, age 14, 1922 was the first human to receive insulin.
 1950 was the year NPH animal-source insulin was produced (my year of dx).
 Since 1975, 1,455 50-yr. medals have been issued to survivors of insulin
 by Lilly. >>
    Jam I got the same letter in May of 1999 1 1/2 years late and at that
time they said only 1272 had made the 50 years. That means 103 people have
made the 50 after 6/99. I feel we are in a group of less than 1000 on this
earth with 50+ years of Diabetes. I take my hat off to you. You are a special
person to make that milestone.Congrats!!!! Roger C