[IP] RE: uncooperative schools

Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:30:03 EST
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] uncoperative school

Susan wrote:  Honestly, I am going to push long and hard to
have Cory's needs met.

I am often surprised at what is expected of the schools today.  To all you
pumpers that were in public school (many) years ago,
I remember that as long as you didn't pass out the school was not concerned
or involved in your care.  There was a nurses' station available if you
needed it, although it wasn't always staffed.  As for testing, eating,
needles, you were on your own to get it done, get it done in private
(bathroom or nurses room).

I guess this post also relates to the 'responsibility' thread.  I was
diagnosed at 7 and always did my own shots, had supervision for meals and
reminders to test.