[IP] Expected to eat - was Full Responsibility

> >me), "Don't tell her that!"  I also asked a waitress for 1/2 the amount of
> >gravy on my mashed potatoes. Mom said (to me), "Don't say that, you'll hurt
> >her feelings."  Never mind if it might hurt ME.
> >BTW, I was hospitalized for weight gain of 2# water in one day during that
> >period of pg at Mom's.
> LOL!  I had forgotten about this one!  I remember that it was not only me
> who was told that as a diabetic kid; I'd have to eat everything on my plate
> at friends' so I wouldn't hurt their feelings!  My, how htings have
> changed!  LOL! Darrin Parker

Ahhhh, but Darrin, I was a married woman when the above reprimands were given.
As a kid I ate what was prepared without question. Remember, I was a kid
before the '60's *revolution* - we didn't *question* authority. I was expected
to die so I might as well enjoy life. Many people who have known me for a long
time say I am the only DMer they have known who has taken such good care.
(!!!!!) *I* KNOW the care I had (they weren't there) - not expected to test,
not restricted on food, not encouraged to exercise, blah, blah, blah. As some
have said on here, if someone ever saw me have a candy bar (for a low) and I
had died, it would have been because I never took care of myself. Since I am
still here after 5 decades, it's because I took care of myself. NOT!!!  It's
GOT to be the *luck of the gene pool* of which I have my own personal theory
in my case - and the Lord isn't ready for me yet. I do have my share of
complications, although I am the picture of health. (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue now with a BASH pic site URL in the 6th