[IP] Re: Full responsibility

Sylvia wrote in part:
> My response to what Darrin had to say  about the mental/psychological well
> being of past DMers is that all of those past experiences of what happens to
> long term DMer may have been just that, in the past.  I'm hoping that with
> the improvements made for the life of a DMer through all of this latest
> technology is going to help DMers live a fuller more positive life closely
> resembling that of a so-called normal person.

You lare correct (but, I DO wish I were a *PAST* DMer - not continuing in the
present) ;-). Just the freedom the pump gives is soooo dramatically
life-changing. When we get inquiries on this list about the diff. pumps and
some will comment about ALL the problems they hear about them, the reply is
usually that all the happy ones are out there continuing their lives without
posting everyday re: their happiness.

The above can also be *compared* with this thread and the *past*. Comparing
the past with the present, parents of today who are somewhat like the ones
some of us who have been responding to this thread have/had, are NOT on this
list and involved with the care of their DMer(s). Parenting skills do not come
automatically - nor does love. Love requires involvement and some parents
don't want that involvement nor the *restrictions* or nuisance that a chronic
disease requires. It makes (some) parent(s) look bad and incapable by having
such a person in their families.

Those parents are NOT members of IP. They couldn't care less. Others who care
will seek us out - or SOMEONE/SOMETHING out to help their little sweet person.

http://maxpages.com/bludasue now with a BASH pic site URL in the 6th