Re: [IP] Rapid acting insulin and pump

A physician can prescribe any medication that he wants to for any disease.
For instance, glucophage is was granted approval for use in Type II diabetics
(Non-insulin dependent,) first, but then MD's started to use it in their Type
II insulin dependents.  Now it is also being used in Type I's--that make no
insulin whatsoever because it improves insulin sensitivity.

Off the mainstream...it is also used in patients polycystic ovary syndrome!

So I think that manufacturer of the pre-filled cartridges would have no
battles.  Plus, I believe the pre-file cartridges must have FDA approval,
anyhow.  Are we POSITIVE that Humalog has not yet been approved for use in
pumps...I have been told it has from my MM rep and my MD?!?!?!

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.