[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #799 (HbA1c Levels)

Monday when I went for my checkup at my endo's he was congratulating my a1c
value of 5.6. My two previous readings were 5.8 and 5.7. He commented about
seeing within the next 5 years he and a surgeon implanting in my liver
rabbit islet cells or cloned human islet cells and "curing" me of diabetes.
My question to that is "Don't the complications stay?". After 39 years as
IDDM I have my share of complications from head to toe. Will they stay,
will they lessen to some extent or will they go away? In my opinion
diabetes is not cured unless the peripheral problems are cured also.