Re: [IP] Rapid acting insulin and pump

On 18 Jan 2001, at 19:55, Brian wrote:

> >Does that mean everyone is breaking the law?

> Humalog is not approved for pump use.  just because it is not approved does
> not mean Drs can't prescribe it.

>that is why it is taking so long to get pre filled
> cartridges of humalog for the pump.  some companies have found ways around

I don't mean to be dense, but something is eluding me here.

Would it be illegal for the pump manufacturers to make a H-pre-
filled cartridge that's specifically for a pump? If so, why would that
be illegal but it's not illegal for a doctor to tell you to use H in a
pump?  Or is this a liability/lawsuit issue?

Legal matters frequently confuse me beyond hope.  :-)