Re: [IP] (Fwd) [IPm] "Phantom" Bolus's

On 18 Jan 2001, at 18:03, Michael wrote:

>  driving in his car. After further investigation, calling Disetronic
> tech support and the local rep, we determined that his seat belt
> buckle was hitting on the "up" arrow and giving him a series of mini
> bolus's.  <snip>
> You do not have to hit any other button to
> confirm.

Oh that's scary.

I'm extra glad the minimed 508 has the confirm feature.  Because
VERY often when I grasp the clip to unclip it, I hit the up arrow and
start programming a bolus, even if it's in the leather case!  I wish
they would have put the clip on the other end of the pump so that I
don't have to squeeze buttons while unclipping it but instead
squeeze the screen part.